Help & Advice
Terms and Conditions
1. DELIVERY & PICK UPS
- Delivery times quoted by BedsOnline* are approximate only and we are not responsible for any delays.
- We agree to deliver goods to you on the understanding reasonable access is available. If reasonable access is unavailable or you are not at home at the agreed delivery time you will be charged for any subsequent delivery.
- It is your responsibility to check measurements to ensure your goods will fit in intended areas. We are not responsible for goods that have not been measured and subsequently do not fit where intended.
- On delivery, inspect your goods carefully. Any damage detected should be immediately reported to the carrier and us and noted on the delivery copy. Once you have inspected your goods and have signed their acceptance on the delivery copy noting any damage, you agree that the delivery copy is then evidence of the condition of the good as at the time of delivery.
- Please organise adequate protection for your floors and internal surfaces prior to delivery as BedsOnline are not responsible for damage to your floors or internal surfaces caused in any way by the delivery of your goods. Due to OH&S requirements, delivery personnel must wear appropriate footwear at all times so take measures to ensure your floors and internal surfaces are protected.
- Items labelled RTA (ready to assemble) will require self assembly. Disposal of packaging is also your responsibility.
- On pickups from our stores or warehouses, inspect your goods carefully. Any damage detected should be immediately reported to us and noted on the pick up copy. Once you have inspected your goods and have signed their acceptance on the pick up copy, noting any damage, you agree that the pick up copy is then evidence of the condition of the goods at the time of pick up. BedsOnline are not responsible for any damage that may subsequently occur as a result of you loading the goods into transport.
- Due to OH&S requirements, our store and warehouse staff cannot assist you in lifting your goods when you pick up. Please therefore ensure you bring someone to help you and that you bring adequate wrapping, blanket or materials to transport your goods safely.
- BedsOnline currently accepts bank transfer, zipMoney, credit card or Pay Pal for online orders, and paid in full at time of purchase.
- In store only- for final balance – standard delivery: BedsOnline currently accepts payment in store prior to delivery of cash, credit card (excluding Diners/American Express) and Eftpos or on delivery to the driver of credit card (excluding Diners/American Express) and mobile Eftpos* (*metro stores only.)
- For final balance outside standard delivery: your representative must pay the full amount in store. We accept cash, credit card (excluding Diners/American Express) and Eftpos.
- Please note personal cheques will not be accepted on final balance either in store or on delivery.
3. DEPOSITS, CANCELLATION POLICY & REFUNDS
- All Extended Orders, made to order transactions and orders on finance require a 20% deposit. The 20% deposit cannot be paid by finance.
- Unless we otherwise stipulate, all other transactions (“standard transactions”) require a 10% deposit.
- Cancellation on Extended Orders, made to order transactions and orders on finance, will incur a cancellation fee of 20% of the invoice value.
- Cancellation on standard transactions will incur a cancellation fee of 10% of the invoice value.
- This fee will be deducted from the refund of any money you have already paid. This fee reflects BedsOnline’s reasonable costs.
- If for any reason we are unable to supply the goods any monies paid will be refunded to you.
4. REFUND POLICY
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Please choose carefully however as we do not refund simply for change of mind or circumstances.
- BedsOnline provide the following supplier warranties against defects:
a. Timber: 1 year structural; and
b. Lounge: 5 year structural on frames; 3 year on mechanisms (mechanisms covered to 120 kg weight load only) and 1 year on stitching/covering.
All other goods sold by BedsOnline are covered by manufacturers’ warranties (if applicable).
- Defects covered by BedsOnline’s supplier warranties will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of BedsOnline (subject to your rights under the ACL with respect to major failures) without cost to you for parts or direct repair labour.
- BedsOnline’s supplier warranties do not cover, and BedsOnline is not liable for, any fading or other change in colouration (“exposure”), any damage caused by general day to day wear and tear (“general usage”) or if the goods are used in a manner outside of their prescribed or ordinary use. All other warranties and liability of BedsOnline for any loss or damage, direct or consequential, is expressly excluded.
- The rights given by BedsOnline’s supplier warranties are in addition to any rights and remedies you may have under the ACL and other laws. To claim under a BedsOnline supplier warranty you should call our head office on 03 9238 6900 or write to “Warranties Officer: Beds Online, 11 Siddons Way, Hallam VIC 3803.” Subject to your rights under the ACL, you are responsible for all costs associated with the claim including all freightage and transport costs. You must provide sufficient evidence of proof of purchase to be entitled to claim.
6. PROOF OF PURCHASE
In order to apply for a refund, exchange, repair or claim a warranty, you must have clear proof of purchase of either your tax invoice or receipt. BedsOnline hold a limited history of orders and aren’t provisioned to search for archived transactions. Presenting proof of purchase is your responsibility so please retain your invoices and/or receipts as we cannot act without sufficient proof of purchase.
7. PRODUCT SAFETY AND CARE
- Serious or fatal injuries can occur from furniture tip-over. To help prevent tip-over it is essential you install any anchor device provided with your goods, carefully following assembly instructions. You MUST install the device provided Immediately as you set the goods in your home. BedsOnline are committed to ensuring 100% safety in all goods supplied, so please contact us if you need further assistance with the installation. More information on furniture toppling can be found here: www.productsafety.gov.au/news/toppling-furniture-and-televisions-anchor-them-and-save-a-chlld-s-life.
- Some of our goods (eg timber/leather/fabric) are produced using natural materials. The colour/appearance/distinctive marks of these materials can differ from batch to batch. Please be aware of this when purchasing goods to match existing pieces in your home.
- High gloss and glass products may show slight imperfections. If unsure please visit a store to view the goods.
- When purchasing timber/leather goods note that these products are from real living materials and will move, change shape, develop surface irregularities and will have colour variation as the goods continue to behave as a real living material. As each good’s appearance is shaped by its past – differences in goods will be evident such as climate effects, wildlife activity, fire, wind, age etc on some timber/leather. Please be advised that no two pieces will ever be identical, your piece will always be one of a kind.
- All product care information supplied by BedsOnline is for advisory purposes only and should not be taken as direction.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, including the ACL, the following provisions apply:
BedsOnline does not warrant the accuracy of any product safety information (including any Safety Guide) or product care information provided with your goods or which you may access through this website and the content is provided to you on condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy and suitability of the content and rely on it at your own risk; and
BedsOnline will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur (including to property or person) arising from your use of your purchased goods or your reliance on any product safety information (including any Safety Guide) or product care information provided with your goods or which you may access through this website and you release BedsOnline from any such claim, damage or loss except to the extent that any such claim, damage or loss is caused or contributed to by the negligence of BedsOnline.
- Proceeding with your order shows confirmation of your agreement that your goods are purchased on this understanding.
8. RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE (RRP)
BedsOnline’s RRP is the manufacturer/provider’s RRP or, where RRP is unavailable, the price is set by BedsOnline at a reasonable estimate of the market price.
9. GENERAL FINANCE CONDITIONS
- BedsOnline’s generic interest free terms are: To approved applicants. Minimum finance amounts apply. Fees, charges and conditions apply. See in store for details.
10. GIFT CARDS
Please note – Gift cards are only available for purchase and use in store, not currently available online.
- BedsOnline’s Gift Cards are only redeemable at participating BedsOnline stores and are not redeemable for cash.
- BedsOnline will not give change for any balance that remains on the Card. Any such balance can only be used in whole or part against future purchases at participating BedsOnline stores.
- The Card is valid one calendar year after the date the participating store issued the Card.
- It is up to the Card holder to use the full value of the Card before the expiry date. Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited when the Card expires.
- Where the cost of the purchases exceeds the available Card balance, the Card holder will be required to make up the difference between the purchase price and the Card balance.
- The Card will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
vii. All purchases made using a Card are subject to BedsOnline’s other general terms and conditions.
11. EXTENDED ORDERS
Please note – Extended Order options are only available in store, not currently available online.
- A minimum deposit of 20% is required at the time the Extended Order is placed.
- If you cannot make the agreed repayments, please notify us or your order may be cancelled and the agreed cancellation fee may apply.
- If you regularly fail to make your agreed repayments we will send you written notification of your failure to meet repayments and you will have 14 days to meet these requirements or your Extended Order may be cancelled and you may be charged the agreed cancellation fee.
If you cancel your Extended Order a cancellation fee of 20% will apply. This fee reflects BedsOnline’s reasonable costs. This fee will be deducted from the refund of any money you have already paid.
- BedsOnline offer two Extended Order time frames: 3 months and 6 months.
- We can determine the time frame of the Extended Order relevant to the purchase price.
- Once this time frame is agreed your goods will remain reserved until the time frames expire. However due to the size of our goods, your Extended Order will not be despatched and available until the expiration of your agreed time frame.
- If you would like to end your Extended order earlier than the agreed time frame, we will need 8 weeks minimum notice to despatch your goods.
12. OTHER TERMS
- Our accessories in print/website/television or any other media or advertising are for display purposes only. Our display accessories shown in photographs are not included in prices quoted.
- Actual product colours may vary slightly due to printed/web colour.
- BedsOnline reserve the right to correct errors and misprints and to change product specifications.
- Fabric costs may vary. Goods are priced according to fabric featured in photographs.
- To keep prices low, some goods may require self assembly i.e. R.T.A. (ready to assemble).
- Please note: dimensions found on product pages and descriptions either instore or online are approximate only and are taken from the widest points.
- All goods are advertised in good faith and will be available, except in circumstances beyond our control. A failure by the manufacturer/supplier to deliver in accordance with sample, description or at all, may result in some goods being unavailable.
- BedsOnline reserve the right to cancel any order without limitation. In this event a full refund will be paid.
- Each order for goods that you place and accepted by BedsOnline will be a separate and binding agreement between you and BedsOnline with respect to the supply of the relevant goods, in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge that all goods that you order are intended for personal, domestic, non-commercial use only.
13. DIRECT MARKETING
You can review the most current version of the Terms & Conditions at any time on this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms & Conditions by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms & Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes.
* “BedsOnline” is a division of Focus On Furniture Pty Ltd (ABN 14 089 394 712) (and is collectively referred to as “our”, “us”, “we” in these terms and conditions).