Terms of Purchase
Please read these terms and conditions (“these Terms”) carefully before confirming your purchase on the BedsOnline* online store. Your order is placed on the understanding that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms.
1. PURCHASING ONLINE
Please note – product colours, appearance, feel of your item can differ on your computer/laptop/tablet or handheld mobile device screens to how they appear in reality. Please choose carefully as there are no refunds in this instance. You confirming you have read these Terms is confirmation of your agreement that your goods are purchased on this understanding.
2. PICKUP & DELIVERY
If you have selected “pick up”:
You must accept your goods from our nominated premises (store) within 14 days of our contact or else charges may apply.
If you have selected “Delivery”:
- Our standard delivery rates are quoted based on driver rates at time of sale. These rates are based on external variables such as quantity of deliveries, kms, size, drivers workload etc. If you would like to discuss the delivery fee you have been quoted online please call your nearest store.
- Delivery times quoted by BedsOnline are approximate only and we are not responsible for any delays.
- We agree to deliver goods to you on the understanding reasonable access is available. If reasonable access is unavailable or you are not at home at the agreed delivery time you will be charged for any subsequent delivery.
- iv. On delivery, inspect your goods carefully. Any damage detected should be immediately reported to the carrier and us and noted on the delivery copy. Once you have inspected your goods and have signed their acceptance on the delivery copy noting any damage, you agree that the delivery copy is then evidence of the condition of the goods as at the time of delivery.
- Please organise adequate protection for your floors and internal surfaces prior to delivery as BedsOnline are not responsible for damage to your floors or internal surfaces caused in any way by the delivery of your goods. Due to OH&S requirements, delivery personnel must wear appropriate footwear at all times so take measures to ensure your floors and internal surfaces are protected.
- It is your responsibility to check measurements to ensure your goods will fit in intended areas. We are not responsible for goods that have not been measured and subsequently do not fit were intended.
- Items labelled RTA (ready to assemble) will require self assembly. Disposal of packaging is also your responsibility.
- Disposal of packaging is the responsibility of the customer. Bedsonline will not be responsible for the removal of any packaging material.
- Be advised – stairs or any additional handling may incur additional charges.
- On pickups from our stores or warehouses (including via your representative), inspect your goods carefully. Any damage detected should be immediately reported to us and noted on the pick up copy. Once you (or your representative) have inspected your goods and have signed their acceptance on the pick up copy (noting any damage if any), you agree that the pick up copy is then evidence of the condition of the goods at the time of pick up. We are not responsible for any damage that may subsequently occur as a result of you (or your representative) loading the goods into transport.
- iv. Due to OH&S requirements, our store and warehouse staff cannot assist you (or your representative) in lifting your goods when you/they pick up. Please therefore ensure you (or your representative) bring someone to help and that they bring adequate wrapping, blanket or materials to transport your goods safely.
4. LEAD TIMES ON ONLINE ORDERS
- Mattresses lead times are approx. 10 working days. This is an indicative lead time only.
- We are not able to quote delivery lead times on online orders for all other furniture and items.
- To get a better indication on lead times you can contact your nearest store or our customer service department. Keep in mind however that any time lines quoted are indicative only and we will not be held liable for any delays. Please be aware of this when placing your order.
5. ONLINE PAYMENTS
We accept bank transfer, credit card, ZipMoney or Pay Pal for online orders; paid in full at time of purchase.
6. CANCELLATION POLICY
- By clicking on ‘confirm order’ you are committing to purchase. Please note – product colours, appearance, feel of your goods can differ on your computer/laptop/tablet or handheld mobile device screens to how they appear in reality. Please choose carefully as there are no refunds in this instance. Confirming your order is confirmation that your goods are purchased on this understanding.
- Unless we otherwise stipulate, all online transactions including related delivery and additional charges (if any) require payment in full, paid at time of purchase.
- Cancellation on online transactions will incur a cancellation fee of 10% of the invoice value.
- iv. This fee will be deducted from the refund of any money you have already paid. This fee reflects BedsOnline’s reasonable costs.
- iv. This fee will be deducted from the refund of any money you have already paid. This fee reflects BedsOnline’s reasonable costs.
- vi. Please note that under relevant health regulations, all soft furnishing items (including sheets, pillows, pillow cases, mattress toppers etc.) are non-refundable unless faulty. We encourage you to make your selection carefully prior to your purchase.
7. ORDERS GENERAL
- You may only place an order if you are over the age of 18 and resident in Australia. By placing an order, you confirm that this is the case.
- Each order that you place and which is accepted by BedsOnline will be a separate and binding agreement between you and BedsOnline with respect to the supply of the relevant goods, in accordance with these Terms.
- You acknowledge that all goods that you order are intended for personal, domestic, non-commercial use only.
- If you place an order for someone else to receive the goods, you must obtain their consent before providing us with their personal information and, by placing an order, you confirm to BedsOnline that you have done so.
- Please ensure that you enter all information carefully when placing an order. You warrant to BedsOnline that all information provided by you in relation to your order is complete, true and accurate.
- Please check your order carefully (including the quantities ordered) before submitting it as the orders cannot be changed or cancelled once BedsOnline has accepted the order. BedsOnline will use reasonable endeavours to cancel or change the order if it has not already been shipped but makes no representation that it will be able to do this.
- Except to the extent otherwise required by law (including, without limitation, the Australian Consumer Law), BedsOnline will not be liable to you, or any other person, for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a result of your order information (such as the delivery address) being incomplete or inaccurate or as a result of being unable to change or cancel your order once BedsOnline has accepted your order.
- An order submitted by you is an offer by you to purchase the goods for the price plus the applicable delivery fee as shown in the shopping cart. BedsOnline may accept or reject your offer in its absolute discretion.
- Where you place separate orders, the goods will be delivered separately and a separate delivery fee will apply to each order. We cannot consolidate separate orders into one delivery.
- Where you order more than one item in one order, all goods for which your order is accepted at the same time will generally be despatched together in one package.
8. CUSTOMER SERVICE
- For any enquires or to seek progress on your order please call the store that has been assigned to your order – please see your email confirmation.
- If you have selected ‘pick up’ your store or customer service representative will be in touch when your goods have arrived and are ready for collection.
- If you have selected ‘Standard Delivery’ your store or customer service representative will be in touch when your goods are ready for delivery to coordinate a convenient delivery time.
9. REFUND POLICY
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Please choose carefully however as we do not refund simply for change of mind or circumstances.
- BedsOnline provide the following supplier warranties against defects:
- Timber: 1 year structural; and
- Lounge: 5 year structural on frames; 3 year on seating and mechanisms (mechanisms covered to 120 kg weight load only) and 1 year on stitching/covering.
- All other goods sold by BedsOnline are covered by manufacturers’ warranties (if applicable).
- Defects covered by BedsOnline ‘s supplier warranties will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of BedsOnline (subject to your rights under the ACL with respect to major failures) without cost to you for parts or direct repair labour.
- BedsOnline’s supplier warranties do not cover, and BedsOnline is not liable for, any fading or other change in colouration (“exposure”), any damage caused by general day to day wear and tear (“general usage”) or if the goods are used in a manner outside of their prescribed or ordinary use. All other warranties and liability of BedsOnline for any loss or damage, direct or consequential, is expressly excluded.
- The rights given by BedsOnline’s supplier warranties are in addition to any rights and remedies you may have under the ACL and other laws. To claim under a BedsOnline supplier warranty you should call our head office on 03 9238 6900 or write to “Warranties Officer: BedsOnline, 11 Siddons Way, Hallam VIC 3803.” Subject to your rights under the ACL, you are responsible for all costs associated with the claim including all freightage and transport costs. You must provide sufficient evidence of proof of purchase to be entitled to claim.
11. PROOF OF PURCHASE
In order to apply for a refund, exchange, repair or claim a warranty, you must have clear proof of purchase of either your tax invoice or receipt. BedsOnline hold a limited history of orders and aren’t provisioned to search for archived transactions. Presenting proof of purchase is your responsibility so please retain your invoices and/or receipts as we cannot act without sufficient proof of purchase.
12. PRODUCT SAFETY AND CARE
- Serious or fatal injuries can occur from furniture tip-over. To help prevent tip-over it is essential you install any anchor device provided with your goods, carefully following assembly instructions. You MUST install the device provided IMMEDIATELY as you set the goods in your home. BedsOnline are committed to ensuring 100% safety in all goods supplied, so please contact us if you need further assistance with the installation. More information on furniture toppling can be found here: https://www.productsafety.gov.au/news/toppling-furniture-and-televisions-anchor-them-and-save-a-chlld-s-life.
- Some of our goods (eg timber/leather/fabric) are produced using natural materials. The colour/appearance/distinctive marks of these materials can differ from batch to batch. Please be aware of this when purchasing goods to match existing pieces in your home.
- High gloss and glass products may show slight imperfections. If unsure please visit a store to view the goods.
- iv. When purchasing timber/leather goods note that these products are from real living materials and will move, change shape, develop surface irregularities and will have colour variation as the goods continue to behave as a real living material. As each good’s appearance is shaped by its past – differences in goods will be evident such as climate effects, wildlife activity, fire, wind, age etc on some timber/leather. Please be advised that no two pieces will ever be identical, your piece will always be one of a kind.
- All product care information supplied by BedsOnline is for advisory purposes only and should not be taken as direction.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, including the ACL, the following provisions apply:
- BedsOnline does not warrant the accuracy of any product safety information (including any Safety Guide) or product care information provided with your goods or which you may access through this website and the content is provided to you on condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy and suitability of the content and rely on it at your own risk; and
- BedsOnline will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur (including to property or person) arising from your use of your purchased goods or your reliance on any product safety information (including any Safety Guide) or product care information provided with your goods or which you may access through this website and you release BedsOnline from any such claim, damage or loss except to the extent that any such claim, damage or loss is caused or contributed to by the negligence of BedsOnline.
- Proceeding with your order shows confirmation of your agreement that your goods are purchased on this understanding
13. RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE (RRP)
BedsOnline’s RRP is the manufacturer/provider’s RRP or, where RRP is unavailable, the price is set by BedsOnline at a reasonable estimate of the market price.
14. OTHER TERMS
- Our accessories in print/website/television or any other media or advertising are for display purposes only. Our display accessories shown in photographs are not included in prices quoted.
- Actual product colours may vary slightly due to printed/web colour.
- BedsOnline reserve the right to correct errors and misprints and to change product specifications.
- Fabric costs may vary. Goods are priced according to fabric featured in photographs.
- To keep prices low, some goods may require self assembly i.e. R.T.A. (ready to assemble).
- All goods are advertised in good faith and will be available, except in circumstances beyond our control. A failure by the manufacturer/supplier to deliver in accordance with sample, description or at all, may result in some goods being unavailable.
- BedsOnline reserve the right to cancel any order without limitation. In this event a full refund will be paid.
- Each order for goods that you place and accepted by BedsOnline will be a separate and binding agreement between you and BedsOnline with respect to the supply of the relevant goods, in accordance with these Terms.
15. DIRECT MARKETING
Term and conditions are subject to change at any time, without prior written notice. By accepting the listed T&C’s you acknowledge the responsibility to check for updated T&C’s via our website. To do so please visit the following link - www.bedsonline.com.au/terms-conditions
* “BedsOnline” is a division of Focus On Furniture Pty Ltd (ABN 14 089 394 712) (and is collectively referred to as “our”, “us”, “we” in these Terms).